Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome.
Your destination for used books and book lots of all sorts. Build your library swiftly and with style!
We are an online bookstore, selling on eBay and Amazon, with headquarters in Denver, Colorado. Initially, we started out buying and selling used textbooks (see our store on Amazon.com), and have since branched out into selling curated book lots, as well as rare and collectible books, on eBay. The books we list on eBay primarily come from both estates and private individuals, providing us with a diverse and always interesting selection. Our collection ranges from psychology and philosophy books to poetry and cook books. There are books to pique a multitude of interests in our collection.
Read more about us and what we do. If you have any questions, we’re always happy to help! Our goal is to find good homes for all our books, and we will do our best to accommodate you. Make sure to check out our blog, and connect with us on facebook, pinterest and twitter @TomTheBookGuy. We’d love to hear from you.
~ Tom and the Book Guys.
Recent Blog Posts:
- Desirable Mass Market Paperbacks - To people who want to read the recent best sellers but don’t want to pay full price for the hardcover, all mass market paperbacks are desirable… to begin with. They are designed that way; to be within the price range of the widest possible audience. You still need an eye-catching cover and decent typography, but the […]
- Required Reading for Booksellers - The gall to suggest required reading to booksellers? OK – let’s make it a suggested reading list for new or wannabe booksellers. Presumably established booksellers will have their own lists and defend their choices to the death. This is fine. To the less initiated, I’d like to introduce a small selection of mostly fictional books […]
- UPDATE: Ten Coloured Views of the Arctic Expedition 1850 - Update! Update! Hear ye, Hear ye! Part of this post is just copied from when I first wrote about this book, but we do have updates! We had The Arctic Expedition listed for around $6,000 on eBay for a while, and it did have some watchers. In fact, we had one offer of $3,000! Now, that’s […]
- Current Events – Understanding Islamic Terrorism #1 - Hello beautiful and intelligent readers. I’ve decided to start a new blog series on attempting to understand current events. In this case I’ve chosen the big elephant in the West’s room, the issue of Islamic Terrorism. I will attempt to identify and analyze some of the aspects of the issue from a historical perspective. This […]
- Strangest Book of the Week #20 – Collecting Antique Marbles - People will collect anything, oftentimes regardless of value. They can be insular hobbies, or serious academic/historical studies relating the collectible item to the culture at large. Currency is one of the big ones, of course – numismatics (coin collecting), and philately (stamp collecting). Also collected are vintage postcards, etc etc, but I did not know […]
- This Day in History August 2nd 1933 Hitler Becomes the Fuhrer of Germany - Hello you beautiful and intelligent people out there. I have today one of the darkest moments in the 20th Century, the day when Hitler ascended to dictatorial power. On August 2nd 1933 President Hindenburg passed away and Hitler combined the office of president with that of the chancellor, becoming the Fuhrer of the German people. […]